Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hating Congress even more! July 18th. 2007

It really doesn't take much for me to admit to hating Congress - especially now. I think probably that Bernard Goldberg's new book, "Crazies to my Left - Wimps to my Right!" is a more accurate description of Congress than anybody knows! ( I just gotta read that book!)

This is purely bi-partisan.....

When Speaker Pelosi took over the House in 2006, I can remember one of her first speeches where t.v. camera's were in large attendance. She wagged her finger in the air and said words to the effect...."Let's make this Congress a place where the word "earmarks" is not used or heard!" Her not so subtle allusion being that the former Republican-led Congress had "run-up" earmarks to new heights, and the newly elected majority would be different!

Unfortunately, Speaker Pelosi was just a little off the mark. Paraphrasing that other great American congressional stalwart, Sen. Teddy, "Different management, same result!"

Yesterday it was announced that with barely 50% of the FY08 budget reviewed by the Appropriations Committee, formal "earmarks" already have reached the $25 BILLION dollar mark!

$ 25, 0-0-0, 0-0-0, 0-0-0 B - b - b - b - b - BILLION !!!!

Now, I understand that earmarks are sought by both Republicans and Dems. Hey, I told you this was going to be bi-partisan - I need no convincing - I think both parties stink! These "ladies and gentlemen" get to Washington and all of a sudden we don't exist anymore. They've made it to "the land of milk and honey," and we're just a very faint memory. We've become the faint buzzing of an annoying gnat - something to be swatted away.

Tell me if you think I'm wrong! The problem is - it's our milk and our honey - they're bathing in! (OK, I've just been "overcome" by the mental image of Teddy Kennedy bathing!)

Regardless of party this is NOT why we voted them into office! They're there - to work - for you & I. It seems to me that Congress is convinced it's the other way around!

Think about it.....where is this $25 BILLION going to come from? (Got a mirror handy?)

Dum Spiro Spero!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home