Tuesday, June 24, 2008

True Story.

I had to laugh when this happened....

The other morning on my way to work I realized I needed to get a few bucks from the cash machine. So I pulled into a PNC Bank branch and inserted my debit card....the first screen asked me in English to push "tiles" selecting ENGLISH - ESPANOLE - FRANCAIS - DEUTSCH. I chuckled and proceeded with my withdrawal.

A couple hours later while driving up the NY Thruway, I placed a call to my computer manufacturers support line because I needed to have a question answered. An electronic voice asked me to "press 1 for English" or "2 for Spanish" and a Help Desk associate would be with me shortly.

I started laughing as I waited, because I thought it was incredibly ironic to be asked to select either English or Spanish...when I probably would be connected to a person in Pakistan or India!! Sure enough, the Help Desk person had a very very heavy Indian accent!

I said "Shubh prabhaat" before I had to hang up and laugh some more.
I'll get an answer some other day when I'm not driving a heavily loaded truck!

Dum Spiro Spero!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home