Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I thought I'd grown as a person!

After everything.......I thought I had grown. I thought I'd become "enlightened" enough. I figured I'd become a bigger, more open-minded person! That I could handle sudden psychological shocks.....

This morning over coffee I opened my November '07 issue of Newsmax - the one with former President Bill Clinton "gracing" the cover - with the promise of 10 pages of rampant "Clinton-oganda" on the inside. A few deep breathes later I was OK ... and able to continue.

Got all the way to page 4, where Newsmax prints a Letters to the Editor section, they call "Sound Off." The second letter entitled "Hillary Unleashed" caught my eye. (Small involuntary twitching around my eye started!) The letter appears in its entirety below;


Hillary Unleashed
Concerning "Presidential Contenders Fight for Superdelegates" in the September issue, your blatant unfairness, pettiness, low-stooping cruelty, and outright prejudice characterize your portrayal of the one person - Hillary Clinton - who could bring America back to world respectability after the worst presidency in the history of our country.
(Signed by J. M.)
Honokaa, Hawaii


20 minutes later I was still shaking, while carefully cleaning up "spilt" coffee and the broken shards of my coffee mug, that went flying after I threw my new edition of Newsmax down on the kitchen table while screaming at the Hawaiian letter writer!

(Hillary Clinton!? The only person who can bring America back to world respectability?! Dear God, the twitching is starting again! Make it STOP!!!!)

I really liked that mug!

"Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better!" - Emile Coue (Fr. psychotherapist, 1920) & (inspirationally) Chief Inspector Dreyfus in "The Pink Panther Strikes Again."




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home