Saturday, September 08, 2007

Whose side are you on??

Couple of things before I get into my posting............

Is it Usama - or is it Osama?
Is it al-Qaeda - or al-Qaida - or is it al-Quida?
BONUS question: Which two of the Seven Dwarfs were Dick Durbin and Harry Reid named after?

You'd think that after almost 6 years we'd all be reading from the same sheet of music, but in every newspaper and website I read there invariably are any number of spellings for each. Six years and we still don't know......

Yesterday I got pissed even before I watched the latest bin Laden video on the news. Sometime in the late-afternoon I happened to be watching CNN as Harry Reid and Dick Durbin appeared on camera. (Sitting at a table nearby was Sen. Teddy "Vehicular Homicide" Kennedy). I turned up the volume because this comedy team is usually good for more than a few laughs! Harry and Dick didn't disappoint.

(First off, what is Harry Reid taking these days? Everytime I see him I get the feeling he's either just "woken up" from - or is just about to be put down for "nappy time!" Does anyone else see this? He's always fumbling around for words, looking down & picking at the podium, sort of mumbling. His eyes are always half closed behind those glasses. All he has to do is yawn and drool and I'm telling you, the picture would be perfect! It's like he's in a stupor!)

Anyway, Harry's nap time aside - I guess we should have expected it! Here were Harry and Dickey yesterday afternoon, doing what we should have known the Libocrats would do - badmouth the Iraq surge report by Gen. Petraeus BEFORE the General even gets his butt in a chair before Congress. Contrary to what many of the news reports have been saying, contrary to what most of the troops & commanders on the ground have been saying, contrary even to what some Lib Congressmen and Senators who visited Iraq have been saying, Harry and Dick see it very differently!!

Basically, Reid and Durbin said yesterday (now follow this) that since Bush was on the ground in Iraq last week, he's already altered Patraeus's report. Their point was, Bush has told (or ordered!) the General what he'll say before Congress. Here are two leaders of Congress who agreed wholeheartedly a few months ago, that General Petraeus was the most qualified person to make the progress report to Congress - now, all of a sudden he's Bush's lackey! Durbin even went so far as to call the report, "The Bush Petraeus Report." Reid stood before the cameras and microphones and said that the surge hadn't worked, it's been long enough, we should leave.

Both said that regardless of what Petraeus's report says, they won't believe it and we should leave Iraq right away!

Then later on in the evening I got to watch another Usama bin Laden "manifesto!" This one was much more Marxian that his previous messages - but clearly this guy has had a lot of time to read scrabbling around in the caves! He even touted Michael Scheuer's book, "Imperial Hubris." Now there's something to tell the grand-kids huh! "Yeah, Grandpa's book made it to the reading list of the Most Wanted Terrorist in the World!" Not quite the same as making the Oprah Book List I'm thinkin', but still....

The thing that struck me most about bin Laden's "harangue" was how hard whoever authored it was trying to interject timely references. For example, citing Sarkozy as the new French President, and referring to the new PM in Britain, that was a neat touch and showed that this wasn't an old piece of tape. But aside from a pretty good line about American's joining Islam "because the alms tax is only 10.2%" well everything else - and this is just my opinion - everything else if you close your eyes, could have just as easily been "talking points" from the Libocrats in Congress or those Presidential Libs out on the stump! Seems like American borne Adam Gadahan has become the James Carville for OBL!

"Get out of Iraq," he says. "America has lost the war," he says! "The vast majority or Americans want it stopped," he lectures us. Well hells bells Osama, the Liberals in Congress and in the media have been pushing those very same slogans down our throats for the last two and a half years! Hell, Harry and Dickey could have been sitting in the dirt floor along-side you, wearing "schmatta's" and I don't think I would have noticed a difference! The only thing missing was the rest of their Congressional Tribe of Traitors!

So Osama...how's it hangin' dude? Long time, no see dog! Geez, your right eye is kinda droopy and looks like you might have had a 'lil stroke. Just a small one though-probably nothin' to worry about. Even your nose and eye-brows look different...been "plucking" a little too much? I know it's hard getting out into the sun where you are, but your skin and complexion have really gotten jaundiced! Maybe it's just my television from so far away - yeah, I bet that's it! That's probably half the reason why your beard needed that "Henna Rinse," but I'm telling you "O" you gotta get another colorist - that beard looks really stupid!!

Here I sit in my spotlessly clean, air conditioned home, in a very prosperous country, watching the leader of a terrorist organization tell Americans (probably from a "well appointed cave" somewhere in Pakistan) how we should live, and what religion we should follow. "Yo Osama how's cave life working out for you? Get many visitors do ya?"

I remember thinking, you know I'll admit to being a bit frightened for my country immediately after 9/11. But once I saw us mobilize against the threat, that fear left me pretty quickly. I've continued to say my prayers daily, for all those men and women here and abroad, who put their lives on the line for me and mine - I admit it - so, I know there's still a war on, and I know we must continue to be vigilant.... But "dear mr. bin Laden" I don't know if they told you or not, but things out here in the world, away from cave life are just a l-i-t-t-l-e b-i-t better than what they are for you. Last week alert officials in Demark and Germany broke up yet some more of your smarmy terror cells. Sorry! I'm here to tell you 'cur' that America is far from loosing this war. Nor do we think that becoming part of an Islamic caliphate is really the best way for our over 300 million citizens to go - you see, we believe in the "freedom of religion." That's why we celebrate so many wonderful different religions here - including Islam! So you just run along back to your Fred & Barney existence and tell yourself that you're still a viable option for some easily misled wacko's. We'll get around to you and your tribe in a while. OK? Ooo, before you leave.....

Osama....I've been wondering....did you happen to make the historical connection yet? That the last two crazy mad fascist dictators ended their reigns similarly, one in a cave-like bunker complex in Berlin and the other in a tiny "hidey-cave" somewhere on an Iraqi farm?? Yup, you're making history dude!! Gotta tell ya' though, not such a good career move "Mr. Engineer" .......you, Adolph Hitler and Saddam Hussein - spendin' the last part of your lives in basically the same accommodations ...... underground .... in caves ..... cowering .... hell, you're already buried.

As we say here in prosperous FREE America..................PRICELESS!

Dum Spiro Spero!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home