Thursday, September 13, 2007

"The Land Of Make-Believe" - Items 1 & 2

Turning on the television, I have a habit of keeping the volume off until I see what's on. (Maybe it's a subconscious fear of being accosted by a "screeching Hillary." I think this has been classified as a recognized medical condition by the AMA). Anyway...

The sound was "off" yesterday and I noticed gnome-like Senator Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) sitting in a chair, his little shoes swinging above the floor and his lips moving (always a bad sign), with Arabic scrolling across the screen. "How odd," I thought! (Not the Arabic - Kucinich) And engaged the volume.

The paramedics (who eventually revived me) told me an hour or so later that they were summoned by my neighbor who'd been walking her children and heard my screams. One EMT said she figures I was unconscious for about 20 minutes but only in mild shock for the rest of the time. She said that when they first found me, I was drooling on the floor, babbling something about "must stop squirrelboy from Ohio" over and over!

I really can't understand why hearing Dennis Kucinich make stupid asinine neolib comments to Syrian television interviewers would have effected me so? It's not like I haven't heard other nutty Libs call George Bush a "Nazi" on national television; or tell anyone who would listen that, "Bush lied to Americans - and forced us to go to war with Iraq ONLY because he is Beel`zebub!" I mean, this really isn't news....we hear it every day, on The Daily Show, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and The CBS Evening News with Katie Couric! I guess it was hearing him say it while he is,
  • a) running for President, and
  • b) in Syria meeting with the president of a terrorist supporting regime, and
  • c) had been personally reminded by the State Department officials before his trip to stay out of international politics and refrain from criticizing another American politician beyond U.S. borders...
that really caught my attention and sent me into convulsive apoplexia!

Here's just a little sample of what he said while he was giving an interview - in Syria - on Islamic television - being aired in every Arabic speaking household/cave in the world - criticizing his own government.
  • "The fact of the matter is we are all being weakened by continuing a war that's based on a lie. This war was based on lies. Iraq didn't have the weapons of mass destruction. It wasn't connected to 9/11. It had nothing to do with Al Qaeda's role in 9/11.
  • Kucinich then suggested that the United States should pay war reparations to Iraqis. "The United States must take steps to repair the damage that has been done to the lives of the people of Iraq for the people who have lost their lives," he said, adding that the debate on the Iraq war has been skewed by false information.

(Ohhh my head!) Need a little more? Even his "Missus" gets into the act!

  • On Saturday, Dennis Kucinich and his wife Elizabeth visited the "Shouting Valley" in the Golan region. Family members who had been separated when the Majdal Chams was occupied in the war with Israel keep in contact with each other by shouting across the distance of several hundred yards in the "Shouting Valley." The Kucinichs also toured in the Golan region the site of Quneitrich, an area that was destroyed extensively by Israeli forces in 1973 even though a peace had just been negotiated, according to the press release.

Here's a "Shout out" to Dennis & Elizabeth across the valley ............. "Hey squirrelboy - YOUR State Department wants to let you know that since you're going to disregard YOUR country's requests - YOUR State Department has 'disregarded' your U.S. Passport. Maybe YOUR wife can arrange long-term housing in England. Sorry about you missing the remaining debates - but it isn't like you were going to win anything! Continued success pandering to terrorist media outlets & George Soros! Hugs from Washington."

My other "Land of Make-Believe" moment came later in the evening as I was reviewing the NewsBusters website. (http://www.newsbusters.org/). Noel Sheppard (one of their preeminent reporters) commented on an interview in "Playboy" of Keith Olbermann. You know Keith, he's the fellow at MsNBC who hates anything conservative, and has been having a running feud with Bill O'Reilly at FOX, for the last hundred years or so! (I don't particularly agree with everything O'Reilly says, but neither do I agree with bighead Olbermann that O'Reilly can be the "Worst Person in the World" 495 days in a row!)

Susan tells me that the Paramedics made it back in record time and had me revived in minutes after I collapsed hearing this quote from Olbermann's Playboy interview;
  • "Al Qaeda really hurt us, but not as much as Rupert Murdoch has hurt us, particularly in the case of Fox News. Fox News is worse than Al Qaeda - worse for our society. It's as dangerous as the Ku Klux Klan ever was."

Ahhhhhhh!!! Is it time for my medication yet??????????????????

Dum Spiro Spero!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home