Friday, July 20, 2007

Absurdities to Ponder

Yesterday, I heard two things that made me shake my head and giggle. Then I had a thought while painting some trim-work.

Many in Congress were complaining that the newly elected Iraqi government under President Malicki, wasn't pumping enough oil out of the Iraqi oil fields. They were also complaining that the Iraqi government wasn't working fast enough and was going to take the summer off. I thought - aren't these the same people who won't let us drop a well in ANWAR or the Gulf of Mexico? Talk about "do as I say, not as I do" or "just not in my backyard!" Then I read that our Congress is shutting down for the month of August or September. Hilarious weasels, aren't they?

Next: The Amnesty Immigration bill was defeated a couple weeks ago. Day before yesterday I read that Sen. Dick Durbin had attached the amnesty portion of the bill to another bill before the Senate, (amnesty portion - known as The Dream Act). He attached it to a military appropriations bill trying to sneak it in that way..........Ooops! Gotcha Dickey!

Last: My "Dream Team" Republican Party ticket for 2008. Neither of these guys is anywhere near the race right now. Both are extremely intelligent, tough, strong conservatives, Reagan Republicans, understand the tax system and hate it almost as much as they hate big government! My dream ticket.......Newt Gingrich for President and Steve Forbes for Vice-President. (Note: I think these two would scare the absolute crap out of the professional do-nothing politicians in both parties!)

I leave you with three quotes and a "final fact" to think about over the weekend ..........

  • A politician thinks of the next election - a statesman of the next generation. - James Freeman Clarke
  • A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker. - H.L. Mencken
  • Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It's the other two percent that get all the publicity. But then ... we elected them. - Lily Tomlin
  • Mexico extends beyond its borders. - Vicente Fox
Si! Todos verdaderos!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home