Saturday, August 11, 2007

Healthy News Article from Mercola.com

Hi Everyone!

Perhaps I'm the only person alive who hasn't been aware of this.

Since quitting smoking and gaining more weight than many pregnant women....I've been searching for the best way to loose all this "extra baggage!" Somehow in my early morning websurfing I came upon information regarding artificial sweeteners. OYYYY!!!

Based on what I've been reading for the last hour, I've been slowly "toxifying" my body for the past 30+ years! It wasn't bad enough that for most of my life I smoked...I thought I was helping myself by drinking "diet drinks" when possible, and sweetening my coffee with artificial sweetener rather than pouring in the sugar. Now I find out that "aspertame" and other artificial sweeteners are actually worst than regular sugar!


Here's an example - 1 level teaspoon of regular sugar = 15 calories; a heaping teaspoon = 25 calories. But Aspertame and the other artificial sweeteners, while lower in calories have been shown to cause over 90 symptoms! Many of which I have! (Question: how does shown stack up to proven?)

Now it bears mentioning that I've been known to make mistakes a lot in the past when it comes to my health. For example, smoking for 38 years in-and-of-itself qualifies me for "Stupid Human of the Year Award" - and research I did on Lymes Disease uncovered a list of 50-100 "symptoms" that could be related to lymes. I made myself sick just reading it, because at the time I had most of them and I was a trout fisherman and worked outside a lot! Needless to say, when the lymes tests came back negative I was a pretty happy camper!

In any event, I just don't want to alarm anyone who's as susceptible to hypochondria as I might be! I'm telling you, this aspertame list is a rundown of every ache, pain, and symptom I've ever had! And many I have this morning!

(And I've watched a certain young lady very near & dear to me, sweeten her cereal with 4 EQUALS, and does the same with her coffee! Now I can't imagine what Kara's coffee tastes like with 4 packets of EQUAL - but hopefully this will make her cut down - or cut out her use of EQUAL!)

Susan just came in and asked me if this means we should be using Splenda instead of EQUAL? And my answer was that this report (below) discusses the inadvisability of using any of these products! There's an awful lot of information on the internet...just "Google" Aspertame, or "problems with aspertame, " or "aspertame side effects." So before I make you as "bananas" as I am, do your own research. But until you do....maybe hold off on those little blue, yellow, or pink packets!

A friend of yours highly recommends you read this health article: http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/dangers.htm. This article comes from http://www.mercola.com/, one of the Web's most visited and trusted health information sites.

Dum Spiro Spero!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home