Saturday, September 16, 2006

Comments regarding: Bill Maher's "Fatwa" and American Unity

I've received a number of comments on my blog*posting yesterday entitled Bill Maher's "Fatwa" and American Unity. Four actually.

Three of them I couldn't (wouldn't) publish because they were filled with the foulest of hatespeak against President Bush and conservatives in general. The fourth I did publish and you can read it at the end of the original "Fatwa" posting. (CLICK comments and you can navigate through all of the websites referenced).

Simply by commenting, these authors validated the premise of my posting. (Because I explored the links that were associated with them this morning, I can pass on some additional perceptions).
  • there are millions of folks out there who believe that their sole purpose in life is to oppose the Bush administration, but more specifically the Bush presidency. (I can now add based on the contents of their comments, that they plan to do this using language that would make sailor's blush!)
  • there are a great many websites already up-and-running which call for the immediate impeachment of President Bush, (if they could arrange that a public "flogging" be thrown in, so much the better!) Just as many more are a "call for local protest marches" centered on anti-war and anti-establishment themes. (Where have I heard & seen this before?)
  • as I've written in previous postings, and personal emails, George Bush could appear on television dragging the captured leader's of every militant terrorist organization behind him, while holding the cures to every disease known to man, and the people associated with the websites I visited - plus his opponents in Congress - would say that it was all part of his political agenda!
Although validating my positions, reviewing these websites, (and feeling the vitriol in the comments and blogs associated with them), was pretty disheartening! In deference to the erudite columns by Mayor Ed Koch and Barry Farber that called for national unity and described past patriotism, I'm sad to pass along gentlemen, that there are an incredible number of "deaf ears" listening! (No pun intended).

I stand by the final question I posed in my posting from September 13th...."if anybody and everybody who is - screaming against the war in Iraq and decrying every single thing George Bush is doing now or has tried to do during his presidency - would simply put 50% of that animosity, no make it 25% of that animosity toward supporting the united efforts of the President, his policies and the military......How much closer to defeating global terrorism and ending this war do you think we'd be?"

I think the question is still a good one?

Dum Spiro Spero


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home