Friday, August 25, 2006

A Funny Thing Happened........

Earlier this week I decided that I was going to start this blog. (Lord knows I always have a lot to say!)

Already there are 5 postings and I was feeling pretty good about how things are going. Today I was looking around just to see if there was some way to make the site more appealing... well, as I looked at the URL address line immediately after http://, what I saw shocked me a little and I had to run back to my reference material. Stunningly enough, I wasn't wrong this time!

Here's what happened. The title for this blog was taken from The Avenue of Remembrance on The Citadel campus in Charleston, South Carolina. A truely wonderful and magical place, with deep emotional ties for me and my family. (For those of you who don't know, our son Kristopher, passed away in 2003 while he was a Cadet SSgt. at The Citadel. The Citadel honored us by placing a memorial marker for him there).

Being a below average "speller," I looked at the map provided in the Cadet "Guidon" for the proper spelling of remembrance while I was setting up the blog site. (For me there was nothing more normal than looking in there). Sure enough! On the campus map in the back of The Guidon it's spelled "Rememberance."

So even though the URL address line and my blog's title don't match - that's the way this blogsite's URL is going to stay! If it's good enough for The Citadel, it's good enough for me!

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home